Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Being a writer



Writer’s are transport machines. We put words on the page and transport reader’s minds to other places and times. But at what cost to a writer’s psyche?

A great author once said that being a writer is like having to do homework every day for the rest of your life. There is always something to do; editing, rewriting, better setting details, characterization, etc. Not a day goes by that I don’t spend time working on one of my books or upcoming projects. Tens of thousands of hours spent plotting, pitching, and producing. Sometimes I wonder what I would have done with those hours had I not been a writer?

There are social sacrifices all serious writers make. It is the loneliest profession in the world, after all. The saddest however, is the writer who doesn’t hit the grand success they’ve dreamt of and think they have wasted their time pursuing their passion. If you truly enjoy your craft than that enjoyment itself is the reward; not fortune, fame, or recognition. All the sacrifices made are worth it. 

On a another note, I would like to thank Jackie Weger http://www.amazon.com/Jackie-Weger/e/B001JS2M62 for taking time to help me get DROP OUT and the rest of my books noticed by the world. She runs Enovel Authors At Work, a great group of writers of which I am proud to be a part of.

No comments:

Post a Comment