Monday, August 8, 2011

Book promo week

Today is the day I started my promo/marketing for DROP OUT. Already logged up 4 sales (woo hoo). I discovered a great link on Goodreads that takes you to people who are looking for book recommendations. Some people just tell you what books they've read and that they're looking for something similiar, and some people actually describe the type of book they want to read. This is awesome because I have six different books that I can suggest. And the best part, there are at least 30,000 of these people just on Goodreads. It's exhausting, but I've been spending the better part of the day searching through these readers and customizing my message for each individual. The hope is that as more people read my books they will begin to suggest them to other people. Again, the dream of going viral. This kind of grassroots marketing is tough, but hopefully worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment