Monday, August 1, 2011

My mother thinks I should see a shrink.

Well, my mom finally read my book DEGENERATES http://www.amazon.com/Degenerates-N-D-Ostroff/dp/1440173028/ref%3Dsr_1_3?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1299436405&sr=8-3 
twelve years after I finished writing it. I will give her the benefit of the doubt, it's only been out in soft copy for about two years. Before reading this one, the only book of mine she had read was TIM MADISON GALACTIC WARRIOR. So, as you can imagine, she was in for quite a shock. In fact, I had to leave the room for a few hours because I couldn't take the horrified look on her face as she read. Finally, she came into the room where I was watching TV, sat down beside me, and put her hand on my knee.
"I think you should see someone," she said.
"What do you mean?" I replied, knowing exactly what she meant.
"That book," she said. "Do you really think those things? Did you really go through that? Do you really know people like that?"
The questions came to quick for me to answer.
"Mom," I said, and removed her hand. "It's a book. I made it all up."
"Still," she said, not quite believeing the reason. "I think you should talk to someone."

---Just goes to show you, not all books are suitable for all people.

No comments:

Post a Comment