Friday, September 16, 2011

I love publishing books that shake-up the mainstream

Yeah, I had a top agent once; Gary Heidt at Signature Lit. Yeah, at one time I was also signed to one of the best agencies in NY; Fineprint Lit. Yeah, I got phone calls that editors wanted to buy my books. Yeah, you guessed it, they all fell through in the end. But you know what? I don't care. Cause now, I can write, publish, and sell anything I want. When I was signed to these agencies I got dozens of rejections, not because my stuff was bad, the editors all said, but because my stories didn't fit the mainstream marketplace. How does anyone even really know what mainsteam is? Thank you Kindle for allowing me to publish my books the way I wrote them.

1 comment:

  1. Great site. Look forward to reading more. I am a new GFC follower from bookblogs. I hope you will have a moment to follow me on my blog. Shared your blog on My Life.s face book page. Donna

    http://mylife-in-stories.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete