Monday, April 1, 2013

Promotions



Been working hard on my latest manuscript (still untitled) though the Easter weekend did muff up my writing schedule a bit. I also have a big promotion coming up for DROP OUT on April 4th with KND’s new Book Gorilla newsletter. I paid extra to be on the premier front page and be exposed to @ 20,000 opt-in readers. Will it be profitable? I guess we’ll see. I need to sell 150 books to recoup the cost.

I’m also trying a new promotion with a site called BooksandAuthors.net. I paid to have DROP OUT ( http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005FX0K7U ) its description and Amazon link tweeted on their Twitter site three times a day for one month. They have 180,000 followers, so I only need a small percentage to purchase the book to earn out. I also think the exposure from both promotions is going to be huge. The tweeting promotion started four days ago and I have already noticed a slight increase in sales.

It’s the beginning of the month again and authors who sell through Amazon know what that means, the dreaded brown bar of zero sales as the book stats reset. With the impending nice weather, I anticipate a new batch of readers aching to grab their Kindles, find a quiet, comfortable spot under a shady tree, and get lost in one of my books. Let’s hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment