Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Just proud, that’s all.

Just checked my author page and I was very pleased to see another two, five-star reviews. One for my literary suspense, DROP OUT and the other for my paranormal, AFTER have been placed on Amazon. I don’t post my reviews to gloat or brag, and Lord knows very few of us authors are getting wealthy by writing; I post my reviews because I am proud of them.

In this era of authors swapping a review for a review and paid review services, how is an author who partakes in these practices ever going to truly judge how good their material is? If another writer is giving you five stars because they want you to give their book five stars, or you’re paying someone to give you five stars then who really wins in the end? Well, I’ll tell you who loses, all of us writers and readers.

Fake or insincere reviews lure unsuspecting readers into buying a book that may actually be substandard or even terrible. Then what happens? The reader will be leery or reluctant to ever buy another book from that author or an unknown author again. Or worse, they may post just how terrible the book really is thereby contradicting the good reviews to such a point that all readers may steer clear.

I post my reviews because they are from real readers who have discovered and purchased my books on their own. Not a single review is from a family member or friend. I am proud of my books and even prouder of my reviews for they above all else they justify my talent and the monumental amount of time I take to make certain my books are ready for the world to enjoy. Two new five-star reviews from two different genres. Please check them out.

AFTER –
5.0 out of 5 stars Ostroff Does It Again!
November 14, 2013
Format:Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
Always intriguing, Ostroff leads you down an astonishing, exciting path. Surprises at every turn. His worlds are brilliant. Must read.

DROP OUT -
5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet and heartwarming, November 25, 2013
Amazon Verified Purchase (What's this?)
This review is from: Drop Out (Kindle Edition)
Great story with a real attachment to the characters. Very inspiring. I enjoyed the unique view of the real beauty of life.
* * * 

I do take the good with the bad and although DROP OUT has received a two-star review (I understand everyone has their own tastes and opinions) the other nearly two-dozen five-star reviews affirms my faith in not only that book but all my other books as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment