Saturday, November 23, 2013

What may work part # 2



If you follow this blog you know I’ve been trying a lot of the latest online marketing and promotion websites for writers. I started with four last week which are listed on my last post. So far, I have seen an increase in sales for DROP OUT, which is the book that I’m promoting most. Surprisingly, sales for my other books have also increased. I believe this is due to reader’s curiosity about my other material stemming from the marketing of DROP OUT.

This week I also tried another new website for authors called Author Marketing Club. This is a relatively new site with plenty of new apps designed to help promote your book. I joined for one year at @ $100, but I would highly recommend you join per month at @ $20 before committing to see if it’s for you. Here’s why.

They have a great app that lets you add font size and color to your Amazon descriptions on the description page. This greatly emphasizes the look and appeal of the description. I’ve done it with all but two of my books. The reason for the last two is because I mistakenly provided their descriptions on the Amazon Author Central page, which the AMC code won’t work. The other descriptions for my books are now enhanced and you can check them out through my blog to see what I mean.

AMC also offers several other neat apps including one that pulls the emails of readers who have given reviews to books similar to yours in the past. AMC gives you a template on which to send potential reviewers asking to review your book. I tried it for ten reviewers and only got one response as a no, but, it’s worth a try if you can get a reviewer interested.

Lastly, I highly recommend all authors get on Goodreads if you’re not on it already. Since Amazon purchased the site, I’ve had a lot more readers adding my books to their to-read shelves than ever before. Perhaps, it’s because of all the marketing I’m doing? Or it might be because Amazon is making it easier for readers to link up. Whatever is happening out there in cyber-space it is definitely benefitting authors if they know how to apply the technology. Five years ago, I could never have imagined that I’d have the amount of books sales and readers that I do today. Never give up the dream!


No comments:

Post a Comment