Wednesday, November 20, 2013

What may or may not work



It’s that time of year again when I try many of the new marketing and promotional websites that have popped up and are available to authors and then my report on the results. So far, I’ve booked out $119.95 worth of services from four different sites for my suspense novel, DROP OUT. Here they are.

The first thing I tried was ebookbooster. For $25 the site sends your title and link to 25 sites that will promote it for free. Not all the sites guarantee that you’ll be featured however, but the sites do personally contact you and let you know they’ve received the material so I know that ebookbooster did what they said they’d do.

The second site is askdavid.com. Not much of promotional platform, but for $15 they will feature all of my books on the site and have dedicated pages for them. Their Alexa ranking is below 60,000 so people are hitting the site. I figured the exposure was worth the inexpensive price.

The third site was goodkindles. Again, this was a site that I figured was worth the price in exposure. I purchased their top promotional package for $19.95, figuring an audience of a few thousand will see the book. It should pay for itself if just a small percentage of their audience buys the book.

The final promotion package was a little pricier. It’s on Digitalbooktoday. The site appears to get a lot of hits and caters to people who love ebooks. I purchased a spot on their romance page for two weeks for $20. I also purchased a gold display for a week in December. This puts DROP OUT right beside the home page title. The site averages @ 10,000 hits a week. So again, I’m going for exposure here.

There you have it. All this starts happening within a week, so I should see results by the end of the month. I’ve always said, it’s not about how many books you sell in a day, it’s about how many readers see your book, buy your book, love your book, and then tell their friends about your book. That’s how you build an audience. And the only way to do that is by being all over the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment