Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday



It’s here, the day when the crazy people of the world jam into stores and fight for the best bargains. Personally, I avoid that mess at all costs. That doesn’t mean black Friday doesn’t have an impact on me, it does. But from a writer’s point of view. As I mentioned in my last post, the ads for Kindles and Nooks are out of control. The ebook marketplace is definitely gaining steam and soon ereaders will be as common as cell phones. Because I believe black Friday does influence people to shop I will be spending the day marketing and promoting my books. I tried to get a sponsorship for today, but naturally there was none to be had. All writer’s web site ad space has long been snatched up. I have a book sponsorship for DROP OUT coming up on Nov. 30th  with Kindle Fire Department.com but that’s about as close as I could get. My assumption is that most new ebook owners will want to check out the websites associated with them and want to see what kinds of books are available. Since most people are off of work today it is a perfect time to make a greater presence in cyberspace. So, with a plate of Thanksgiving leftovers in front of me I embark on my promotional madness.

No comments:

Post a Comment