Friday, August 9, 2013

Making it happen



Ever since Ereader news today sponsored DROP OUT and it went to #22 in romantic suspense, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005FX0K7U sales have remained steady in a good way. As I’ve always said, it takes a lot of extra hard work to keep the sales momentum going, but thanks to all the great reviews and word-of-mouth the book is getting the journey to the bestseller list is going easier. I had a feature written about me in my local hometown magazine and I’ve been doing a lot of blog interviews to add to my exposure. Here’s a link to my latest.

I’ve also been getting a lot of personal emails from people telling me how the book has affected them and literally change their outlooks on life. Nearly all my reviews from all over the world are five-star and my blog posts have been re-posted by others thousands of times. Here’s my latest review from Amazon U.K.
                                 
                                   * * *
6 Aug 2013
Format: Kindle Edition|Amazon Verified Purchase
I thought the subject matter would be too gruelling and too sad to bear...and, in many ways it was. But it was handled in such a way that I didn't feel voyeuristic, as I expected. Instead, it felt like a story that ought to be told, and, in the end, I felt uplifted. The action scenes were so well written, it seemed incredible they could have been written by someone who had not lived through these things. There was intense pain and passion in this book as well as great compassion and understanding. Masterfully written.
                                    * * *

Other indie writers have written me telling me that I am wasting valuable writing time with all this marketing and promoting. They say my time would be better spent writing new books than doing all the things I do so small pockets of readers can get to know me. They say volume of material will get me my readers. I disagree.

It may take a thousand blog interviews and reviews before the mainstream gets to know my material, but they will get to know it. I’d rather have a huge, loyal fan base that took time (years) to build over nine books than a hundred published books that no one has read.

No comments:

Post a Comment