Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Keep selling books!



In the last week my novel, DROP OUT http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005FX0K7U has recently soared in the Amazon rankings below #1,000 in the paid store and #25 in romantic suspense. My sales bump started with a free Ereader News Today sponsorship and has continued with the novel staying in the low 20,000’s in the rankings this week. So, how do I keep up the momentum?

Well, first of all, I continue to answer each and every inquiry, thread post, and reader email that comes my way. I’ve found that readers really do get a thrill when an author personally answers their messages. Though it is time consuming, it does sell books.

Second, I continue posting articles, blogs, and promotions of DROP OUT on the numerous writer websites and online communities to which I belong. Again, the one-on-one interaction with writers and readers really does get interest in the book. I can’t tell you how many sales I have made from being a part and taking part in discussions with these communities, but my sales do slow down if I don’t participate for a few days.

Third, I continue writing my two new novels when I’m not marketing and promoting my available ones. This keeps me grounded as a writer and I don’t feel that loss of not creating when I spend so many hours that I could be, marketing. I think it’s vital for a writer to always be working on something new and creative. It’s very easy to sink into a depression if existing book sales begin to decline and you don’t have another book on the way to lift the hope-spirit.

And lastly, I think the most important factor in keeping the sales momentum continuing for DROP OUT, is that I truly believe in the story and the powerful, sometimes life-altering affect the book has had on readers. The unsolicited, unbiased 5-star reviews I’ve been getting promote the book more than I ever could myself. Here’s the latest from yesterday. Check it out on Amazon.




5.0 out of 5 stars Drop Out, July 29, 2013

This review is from: Drop Out (Kindle Edition)

Ostroff hits a home run. Drop Out is a truly inspiring story of heartbreaking loss, survivor's guilt, and the healing power of unconditional love. I highly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment