Thursday, February 9, 2012

It worked!

The free promotion of SILENT INVASION seems to have worked. I don’t know if someone put it as a recommendation on their website, or if someone posted a blog about it, or that people who have read my other books liked them and now want to read this one. But last night in a period of about two hours I sold nearly 80 copies in the U.S. and U.K. combined. At one point my Amazon ranking fell below the 5,000 mark. It’s now back up into the 20,000 range. It is quite a rush to see the sales numbers go up and I must have checked every ten minutes. So, what now? Well, the numbers have steadied and are subsiding. My next move is to retrace all my promo for the last few days and try to figure out what made SILENT INVASION click for so many readers. Once I pinpoint the marketing avenue, I’ll do the same promo for each of my other books and hopefully create even more of a viral effect. The promotions have also affected my other books and they seem to be selling a bit more, too, especially in the U.K. As a writer, don’t underestimate the buying power of our friends across the pond. I’ve locked more than three dozen overseas sales so far this month.

I’m excited to see what happens with AFTER and the Kindle Nation Daily sponsorship scheduled for Feb. 16th. I’ll track the results and post. That’s about it for today. I did win about $500 down in Atlantic City and had a great time. Now, it’s time to get back to the biz. of writing. If sales continue the way they are going, it won’t be long until I finally break even in my marketing and book production costs and may even start making a profit. Please check out SILENT INVASION. This book seems to be the flavor of the moment.




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Neil! Keep up the good work.
    I had an author article blast to over 100 websites at a cost of $129 and sold two copies of The Book Traveller, only need to sell 63 more to break even!

    ReplyDelete