Monday, February 27, 2012

Not fast enough.

“It’s not happening fast enough! It’s not happening fast enough!” Those were the complaints of Jim Morrison during the early days of the 1960’s rock band The Doors concerts. They had been together as a group for a mere seven months and Jim was getting antsy for them to get discovered. “Relax Jim,” Ray Manzareck (The keyboardist and discoverer of Jim’s song writing ability) replied. “All great things take time.”

Within the year the group was world famous and Jim Morrison became one of the biggest rock stars ever. My point being, Kindle and epublishing are a new medium. It’s going to take time before ereaders become as common in people’s homes as cell phones. Right now, we as writers are experiencing this new revolution in its infancy. Can you imagine the global market our books will be exposed to in the next five years? It’s a bit mind-boggling. I’ve made sure to get my foot into this newly opening door from the beginning, and will continue to write books with world-wide appeal. With the epublication of DEGENERATES coming in a few days, I’ve begun what I call my psycho-killer global assault. Though I’ve sold and/or given away thousands of copies of my middle grade sci-fi fantasy books in the last few months, it appears that my more-adult themed books are getting the most unsolicited sales. By unsolicited, I mean I didn’t promote them that week and still had sales. So, as I’ve mentioned before, I’m somewhat switching genres for a few months while I re-published my adult noir thrillers with Kindle and Smashwords. I’ll be putting my cover designer and formatter to work, that’s for sure. Right now, I’m trying to come up with a new pitch for DEGENERATES. The old one is a bit boring. Watch for it soon. Oh, and my two day giveaway of DREAM TRAVELER yielded 139 sales in the U.S. and only 37 sales in the U.K. Kinda disappointing. Let’s see if I get residual sales. This blog ALWAYS WRITING has surpassed 100,000 hits. Thanks to all who read my posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment