Wednesday, February 15, 2012

What will happen?

Tomorrow begins my much anticipated Kindle Nation Daily sponsorship for AFTER. I bought this sponsorship nearly three months ago before the whole KND frenzy began. Since then, they have incorporated a new sponsorship ad page that makes it much easier for authors to sponsor. http://indie.kindlenationdaily.com/?page_id=642 The benefits of sponsorship are many, including the possibility of the book going viral and thousands of copies sold. When I first heard about KND, they were still small and getting sponsorship space was for the elite. But now, I wonder if the ad will have the same effect and influence. Supposedly, just a single KND sponsorship can raise your Amazon ranking by hundreds, if not thousands. I guess we’ll see. Also, as I’ve said before, don’t bother with the pay per click ads on Goodreads, they have done almost nothing for sales. Also, I’m having a little trouble trying to figure out if signing with Substance Books has had any effect on sales. I am selling way more copies of my other books than the book, AFTER, that I have Substance Books working on. I like Hajni, who runs Substance, and I believe she has writer’s interests at heart, but I still haven’t seen any results. I know she does things with search engine optimization that take time to work, but I don’t know if I can justify zero sales for the month for AFTER, but dozens of sales for my other books not represented. I’m not going to not recommend Substance, but I will post the true results when I see them.


Just for fun, I’ve posted a picture of my new tattoo. And yes… it hurt like hell.


No comments:

Post a Comment