Wednesday, March 14, 2012

So freaking nice!

Right now, as I sit inside my house and write this, it’s 75 degrees and beautiful sunshine here in Penssylvania. A perfect day. So, why am in front of my computer writing this blog post? Because that’s the only way I’m going to sell books. And if I sell enough books I can enjoy the nice days for the rest of my life. But I haven’t gotten to that point yet, so here I am making my presence known. Sometimes, I think I’m wasting away my life sitting in this office writing stories. Truth is, I make more money on a Saturday night bartending than I do in two weeks selling on Amazon and Smashwords. But as I’ve learned to accept myself as an artist, I’ve learned that it’s not about the money. A compulsion is a compulsion and the thrill that thousands (yes, I said thousands) of people have read my books gives me more of a rush than all the questionable substances I experimented with in my younger days. Alas, I am curse/blessed to be a writer for the rest of my life. Man, it’s so nice outside!
Okay, my free two day promotion of INSECTLAND yielded 165 downloads in U.S., 37 downloads in U.K. and 9 downloads in France. I made the mistake of running it from Saturday until Sunday instead of Friday until Sunday, mainly, because I got the dates screwed up. I think I would have had more sales had I done it properly through the weekend. I did notice a few extra sales after the promotion ended. Also, to my delight, the experiment over raising my prices so the “perceived value” of my books seemed higher appears to have made no difference in the sales per day. I guess if people are interested in reading something they’ll pay for it. One more thing, I discovered a new site for bloggers and/or writers who want free advertising. It’s free to join and you can post a promotion on their thread once an hour. http://www.purebloggers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment