Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Fresh month

Another fresh month is upon us and that means another start at zero for my books sales count. Last month ended pretty well with a last couple of days blitz that netted enough sales to reach my goals. However, it was a tough struggle, not helped by the fact that I was on vacation for nine days and did little in terms of marketing and promotion (not that I’m complaining). My sales goals for this month may be unreachable since I don’t have any sponsorships planned for this month. It’s going to be sweat and tears, grass roots marketing for a while. I really need to do the interview thing again because I’m craving exposure. Here’s a website that was sent to me that lists over 100 bloggers and sites that are looking for interviews. http://www.gregscowen.com/2012/02/a-few-indie-book-reviewers/ I haven’t tried to contact these yet, so I don’t know how effective they are. But I will soon. FROSTPROOF is in the hands of my ebook editor and should be available for purchase later this week. I’ve already gotten some rave reviews and the cover is one of my best, I believe. The hardcopy sold well, but it was too expensive to ever become a blockbuster. This was the result of my publisher setting the price. With the Kindle version, it’ll be priced alongside my other books at $1.99, opening it up to a whole new audience. Also, as my ninety day exclusive KDP select contract starts to expire, I’m beginning to set my books up with Smashwords and the world of other ereaders that the site opens you up to. I’ll admit, I’ve been lazy lately when it comes to the hardcore, hours-long, back-aching promotion that it takes to garner sales, but it’s just been so freaking nice outside. And as I wrote about in DROP OUT, you only get so many days until your time on this dimension are up.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Neil,
    I review books on my blog and would like to start doing author interviews, if you are interested I just need a p/back copy of any book you would like me to review and an e-mail address so that I can interview you.
    Yours Adele
    http://adelesymonds.wordpress.com if you want to check out my other reviews.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you have it thought out despite the uncertainty. Wishing you hugely successful month.

    ReplyDelete