Thursday, April 7, 2011

CREATING THE E-BOOK CONTINUES

Okay, so I spent some time researching formatters. There also is a big difference in price when it comes to these. Some people charge a flat fee anywhere from $30-$200. There are also people who work hourly at @$25 an hour. Only problem with that is how do you know for real how many hours this person has put in? I know there are computer programs that will convert books automatically in almost no time. The big drawback to these programs is that they don’t often catch every format error. I’ve been told that a real live human being is the best way to format.


There are also services that charge a flat rate @ $150-$400 to put the entire book together and have it available for all PDA’s. I’ve also thought about going this route, but I feel like having a little more control over things. More of a learning experience for me. It’s also much cheaper to do it yourself. I’ll give my format contacts a few days to get back to me and then let you know which route I’m taking.

Next up, assigning an ISBN.

No comments:

Post a Comment